Clerk of Superior Court
Jury Trial Re-Opening Plan:
The Griffin Judicial Circuit Superior Court announces the Jury Trial re-opening Plan. Click here to view the order.
Responsibilities of the Clerk of Court
The Clerk of Superior Court is a Constitutional Elected Officer elected by the voters of their county to serve a four-year term. The Clerk of Superior Court and all employees are first and foremost public servants each and every day. The office of the Clerk of Superior Court performs a wide range of record keeping, information management and financial management functions in the judicial system. This office also provides court support to each superior court judge. In general, the Clerk’s responsibilities as mandated by the Georgia State Code are to:
- File, record and index all documents related to real estate and personal property transactions in the county.
- To attend to the needs of the court in the performance of the duties of the clerk
- To file and maintain criminal and civil dockets as well as dockets on domestic suits
- To keep in the Clerk’s office all documents, records, microfilm and dockets and all other things required by the Georgia Codes
- To perform all other duties required by Georgia Law under code section 15-6-61
In addition to the services listed above, the Upson County Superior Court Clerk’s Office also serves as a U.S. Passport Agent. All U.S. Citizens can apply for or renew their passports through our office.
- Invalid and Renewed Liens (PDF) under the State Tax Execution Modernization Act
- Supreme Court Approves Civil Case Filing and Disposition Forms (PDF).
- For Real Estate E-Filing Please Contact:
Email CSC eRecording Solutions
- Download the new Mobile App for your Smartphones and Tablets.
We are very excited to announce that Upson County Superior Court is now accepting electronically filed documents in general civil and domestic relations cases.
Our mission is to provide every citizen with the greatest possible access to the justice system. My office is committed to making this program a success. As your Clerk, I encourage and welcome genuine feedback on the process. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.